Most guests bring too much stuff! Please "pack light" for your trip to campus. Remember, we have easily accessible stores close to campus, so if you forget something, you can get it here! Last, storage in your room is limited to your wardrobe, and under your bed. There are no storage rooms in any of our halls.
The following list of items are what we suggest guests staying for the entire summer bring with them. Please keep in mind your stay is much shorter, and we have only included everything to help you get a full picture of the accommodations.
Things to Bring
- TV/VCR/DVD player w/coaxial cable (our apartments are not furnished with TVs)
- ethernet cable, if your device is not Wi-Fi enabled
- shower tote bucket, soap, toiletries
- clothes hangers
- alarm clock
- desk lamp/floor lamp (no halogen bulbs)
- iron and ironing board
- medicines, first aid kit
- dishes, silverware
- Coffee Machine
- candles (lighted), fireworks, weapons, incense
- any appliance with an open or exposed heating element
- masking tape, nails, other products which damage or deface painted walls
- personal door locks
- traditional extension cords
For your convenience, the kitchens in apartments include a microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, and stove. Dishes, pots, and pans are not provided for you. You may consider bringing the following kitchen items as well:
- kitchen towels
- dishwasher detergent
- liquid soap
- paper towels
- ice trays
- trash bags
Furniture and Comfort
The apartments also have living room furnishings, with dining table and chairs, sofa, chairs, and coffee table. All of these items must stay in the living room the entire summer. They cannot be removed or placed in storage.
Individual health and air quality requirements vary greatly between people's desires and needs. Individuals should plan for small portable units (de-humidifer, air cleaner, humidifier, fan, ionizer. etc.) that meet their personal comfort desires as these items are not supplied in the rooms.